Monday, July 23, 2007

Camo Is My Favorite Color


My mother never dressed me in a camo baby suit and I did not hunt at an especially early age. It’s not that I wasn’t extremely into hunting when I was young. It’s just that I wasn’t raised in the biz. Today I go to Outdoor Expos and I see all kinds of young kids wearing camo and getting involved.
I have to believe that I am one of a few children that actually played ‘hunting’ when I was a kid; minus my neighbor Matt and his brother Andy. While most kids were playing with Tonka Trucks and marbles we were in imaginary flooded timber. In the afternoon we would be lying in the rice fields next to a kiddy pool full of decoys.
I have never claimed to be a ‘trend setter’, but I would like to mention that I wore camouflage on regular basis before it was considered in style. Of course the camouflage patterns I wore were shadow grass and Advantage, rather than the green military camo the kids wear.
I may not have started the camo trend, but I have certainly benefited from it. I have a couple old hats I would now feel comfortable wearing out almost anywhere, especially in Northern Minnesota and North Dakota.
Today I wear a pair of camouflage sandals, shorts and bracelet on a regular basis. Not only do I feel cool, I also feel comfortable wearing the patterns I wear when I do what I enjoy the most. Camouflage is my favorite color.

No comments: